Once upon a time, users within Gmail had buttons with text on them. Google decided to change those buttons to icons instead. Well, for those who were upset or disappointed in this change, congratulations because now you can change those icons back to text and here is a tutorial that will show you how.
This instead of
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Click on the Gear icon inside your inbox.
3. Choose the "Settings" option.
4. Make sure you are under the "General" tab.
5. Scroll down until you see the "Button labels" section and choose the "Text" radio button.
6. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and click the "Save Changes" button and you will be all set to now see Text buttons instead of Icon buttons.