Adding a bookmark in Google Chrome is very simple and fast. Bookmarks are just another way of saying Favorites if you are used to using Internet Explorer.
1. First go to a website that you would like to add to your bookmarks.
2. Click the star towards the top right of your address bar.
3. This will open up your Bookmark maker. In the name section give your bookmark a shorter name. Longer names just take up more space on your bookmark bar, but if you would like to leave it a little longer then no problem. Decide if you want this bookmark to show up on your bookmark bar. The bookmark bar is a list of favorite websites that you can access just underneath the address bar. If you want your bookmark to appear on the bar then just click done when you are ready.
4. If you would like to place the bookmark elsewhere, then just click the dropdown menu and select the "Choose another folder..." option.
5. Now click the "New folder" button to add a specific folder for specific types of bookmarks, such as bookmarks for your geology class. Then click the save button. You will now be able to save bookmarks to that specific folder.
Well that is all there really is to adding bookmarks from within Google Chrome.